Important notice

Please note that this blog is discontinued here. All the posts are also coppied to my new blog at http://boris.gomiunik.net.
Important: Due to large amount of comment spam further commenting has been disabled here. If you wish to send me a comment, plase look up the same post on my new blog and leave comment there. Thanks!

11/30/2007

Add Content Editor Web Parts a bit faster

Here's a quick tip: If you want to add more Content Editor Web Parts faster to a homepage or a webpart page (to move and edit them afterwards)

1. Switch to edit mode
2. Add a Content Editor Web Part
3. When the page reloads with a CEWP added, hit Refresh (F5) and click "Retry" when Internet Explorer asks you if to resubmit information.

I use this technique to add multiple CEWPs to the page, when I need to add some explanations above some webparts. When I have enough of them, I drag them to different zones and positions and edit the titles and contents.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to smile when I read your tip. Only someone who is actually using SharePoint could have figured that one out... I don't think you'll find it in any workshop!

Can I include that in my tips and traps book?

Boris Gomiunik said...

Thanks for a great feedback :). I think this is the fastest post I've ever made.

Sure you can use this. Let me know when the book will be out. Any refference would also be nice.

Anonymous said...

ah ah ah ah
Very Good!

Anonymous said...

Neat. Works for other types of web part as well (I like using the MOSS Summary Link web part).

Anonymous said...

How can you put a Content Editor Web Part on a Document Library or List page?

Boris Gomiunik said...

To add the CEWP you can use this trick:

http://webborg.blogspot.com/2008/02/adding-webparts-to-other-pages-than.html