Important notice

Please note that this blog is discontinued here. All the posts are also coppied to my new blog at http://boris.gomiunik.net.
Important: Due to large amount of comment spam further commenting has been disabled here. If you wish to send me a comment, plase look up the same post on my new blog and leave comment there. Thanks!

12/29/2006

Update to previous post - offline active content

If you'll be making the offline version of a website and you're thinking to include the active content like Flash or JavaScript (or both) you can surely use the Mark of the Web, which I've described in the previous post.

There is a catch though. You can't make the mark of the web for pictures. So if you'll be linking from your web pages directly to some images it won't work! The Internet Explorer security will block it.

The only way I could link "directly" to the image was to put the image into an empty page, equip the page with "mark of the web" comment and then link to that page.

If anyone knows a better way to resolve this, I'd be more than happy to read about it. You can let me know in the comments.

No comments: