Important notice

Please note that this blog is discontinued here. All the posts are also coppied to my new blog at http://boris.gomiunik.net.
Important: Due to large amount of comment spam further commenting has been disabled here. If you wish to send me a comment, plase look up the same post on my new blog and leave comment there. Thanks!

2/20/2007

SharePoint Designer watches over our code?

Today I was making some custom scripting for one of our customers. And after finishing the code, I saved it and tried to preview... And nothing happened. Double-, triple- checked the code and all should be in order... Then at the end I've discovered some interesting feature or bug which tries to fix the code.

In the video below pay special attention to what happens to the </script> tag after I save the document.

The video is a bit fuzzy because of resizing, but Yes! The </script> tag automatically disappears even though it should be there. Probably calling the dvt_1.body template between confused the designer.

Anyone know a fix or how to turn this feature off? Right now I opened the site in FrontPage and there it doesn't care. :)

No comments: