Important notice

Please note that this blog is discontinued here. All the posts are also coppied to my new blog at http://boris.gomiunik.net.
Important: Due to large amount of comment spam further commenting has been disabled here. If you wish to send me a comment, plase look up the same post on my new blog and leave comment there. Thanks!

2/02/2007

SharePoint Document Library showing only folders and top-level items...

Today I was moving the videos for our e-learning portal Piflar to the new Windows SharePoint Services. And after moving videos for couple of hours - all one by one, not to break the links in data views, I start on working on the data view to display the videos. And I get terrified! The data view is showing only the folders I've created and videos that were in the main folder. So after first shock I've discovered what to do:

1. After inserting the data source click on the name of the data source in the Data Source Details pane to open the properties dialog.

  1. After inserting the data source click on the name of the data source in the Data Source Details pane to open the properties dialog.


  2. In the Item and folder scope dropdown select value RecursiveAll.

 

And all my data is back! Happy SharePointing :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I was about to embark on a long-winded workaround. You saved me a lot of time.