Important notice

Please note that this blog is discontinued here. All the posts are also coppied to my new blog at http://boris.gomiunik.net.
Important: Due to large amount of comment spam further commenting has been disabled here. If you wish to send me a comment, plase look up the same post on my new blog and leave comment there. Thanks!

10/12/2006

Shorter URL of a document library

I always like to access our company's SharePoint Document Library via URL. And on the way I like to save every keystroke (can't help it - I'm lazy). To have the url of the document library as short as possible, when creating it make the following:

  1. Create document library and name it something very short - for example doc

  2. When the library is created, under Modify Settings and Columns in that document library click Change general settings and now you can rename your document library to the desired nime, like for example Company's Documents


Yeee. Now you can access your document library couple of clicks faster:

http://yoursharepointurl/doc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good point, Boris.
I discovered something similar while working on Photo libraries. Beware of characters that can't be used in filenames, for example /